When I think raw food, I think celery sticks and apples. I do NOT think delicious filling meals and desserts. Did you know you can make indulgent, healthy RAW DESSERTS? Uh yeah…I have been completely blind to all the amazing raw recipes that are out there- widely available, might I add. The book I mentioned in my last post, Going Raw, is an excellent resource as is the wondrous, world wide web.
So in attempts to broaden my raw recipe repertoire, I am going to attempt to participate in “Raw Wednesdays.” So basically, I’m going to try my hardest to eat nothing but raw foods every Wednesday. Hopefully this encourages me to actually experiment with raw food recipes and not just scarf down salads and berries all day long. You should definitely check out Lindsay Funston as she blogs about her Raw Challenge here on Whole Living Daily. She gives a lot of really great advice and insight into the seemingly scary raw world.
Meatless Monday. Raw Wednesday. What’s next? I’m thinking Fried Fridays and Street-food Sundays.You know, just to even things out.
Raw Strawberry Oat Bars. I found this little gem of a recipe in the August issue of Whole Living. So simple, so delicious AND completely raw! You MUST give this recipe a go!
Strawberry Oat Bars
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- Pulse dates, nuts, oats, and salt in a food processor until combined.
- Press the date mixture into the bottom of a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Mash half the strawberries and spread on top of date mixture. Top with remaining strawberries. Slice into rectangles
Read more at Wholeliving.com: Strawberry Oat Bars